Skip to main content

Mini-Blog: How Independent Insurance Agencies Work

Are all insurance agents the same? Nope.


It's pretty common, after speaking with or meeting a future customer for the first time, that they do not realize how an independent agent works. After all, the only advertisements we see are for big name companies with their funny reptiles and witty mascots. It's easy to believe we all operate like the other. Offering "Great Rates" and claiming to be "#1 in Connecticut".

There are two types of agents: those who only work with (for) one company and those that do not. The majority of the companies advertised on radio and television are companies whose agents can only provide you one option: themselves. If they can only offer you them, how can you be sure that they are genuine?

Independent agents are different, they work with numerous insurance companies every day. This allows them to tailor the options to fit your needs. Independent agents have more loyalty to their
customers and when circumstances in your life change (as they are certain to do), guess what? They will still have options for you.

When you call an independent agency, your agent will review your needs with each company they have available. Your agent will then present you the best coverage option(s). They will answer your questions about the company and they will provide you an honest opinion of that company.

The majority of the companies that independent agents work with are only available exclusively through your agent. There is a whole other world of companies available to you through an independent agency!

The best part is, no matter which company you choose, your independent agency will always be your contact. Your agent will always be your agent. Insurance companies may come and go but independent agents are forever. That has a nice ring to it, don't you think?


Want to give an independent agent a try? Our number is 860-646-6050.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I Love About My Job

I am blessed to have a job that I love. Each day is a chance to succeed and I am truly thankful that I decided to enter the insurance industry in the first place. I ended up in the industry like many others: accidentally. It was the summer after I graduated high school and I was sleeping in, like most 18 year-old girls do. I received a call from my mother who worked for a local insurance agency. She was frantic, telling me to hurry up and get dressed because the agency was looking for a new service rep and she wanted me to interview with them in the coming hour. I put on the most professional dress I owned, went to the agency, and the rest is history. Since that summer so many years ago and since learning much about the industry, I have been delighted to become a part of the team at Independent Insurance Center, Inc. When I decided to reflect on my favorite things about this job, I didn't find it difficult at all. 5 Things I Love About My Job 1) The Building When yo...

3 Guaranteed Ways to Make Your Claims Process Easier

 I have yet to meet a person who enjoys the insurance claims process. It's confusing, it's scary, it's not fun. As much as we'd like to avoid having to go through this ordeal, losses still happen. Uncontrollable weather still exists, crazy fires do break out, and pipes burst in extreme temperatures. Aside from finding an insurance company that has an orderly claims department, below are three ways you can help make your claims experience less of a headache. 1. Notifying Your Company Immediately The best way to act is quickly. As the customer, you do have the ability to choose whether or not you'd like to get your insurance company involved when things go wrong. However, don't take too long mulling over the decision. The longer damage sits, the higher the chance more damage will occur and create problems down the road. Your insurance company should be at the top of your list, as far as contacts go, in the event of a loss. The sooner they are notifi...

Top Mistakes When Shopping for Insurance

Something about the warm weather makes my phone ring off the hook with folks who would like a new insurance policy. Some customers are buying their first home, a new car, and others just got an itch to look around. Regardless of why, they all have something in common: they need help. When you've never done it before or haven't done it since 1987, shopping for insurance is a headache that you just want to be done with, or so you have been told. In your search, make sure you don't make the top 3 mistakes below! Calling One Insurance Company When you are standing at the grocery store, staring at the multi-vitamin selection in front of you, most likely you are trying to decide which brand to choose. There will always be some people that just grab the first bottle of vitamins they see without paying attention to what kind they are. But for many of us, we really ponder what we're purchasing. You need to read the bottle and see what's being provided to you...